Madelynn’s (Maddy) clay target shooting experience began when she was just 12 years old at a local 4-H club, shooting American trap. A few years later, her father introduced her to her local high school team where she shot American trap, skeet, and sporting clays through the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP). Eventually, Maddy branched out into the more non-traditional disciplines such as doubles, handicap, and 5-stand.
In the Spring of 2014, Maddy attended an SCTP development camp held at the Olympic and Paralympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The camp was designed to introduce young SCTP athletes into the Olympic disciplines of shotgun sports.
Maddy began shooting in USA Shooting sanctioned competitions in the summer of 2016 at the Junior Olympic Championships. She competed in her first selection match in Fort Benning, Georgia at the 2017 Spring Selection Match. In 2018, Maddy earned a spot on her first official USA Shooting Team to attend the World Championships in Changwon, Korea. She also earned a spot on the Junior National Team at the National Junior Olympic Championships right before attending the 2018 World Championships in the fall.
Normally after competing on the junior national level, the next step is the U.S. National Team. Maddy bypassed the normal progression and secured a spot on the United States Olympic Trap Team in March 2020.
- 2021 World Cup Lonato Gold Medalist
- 2020 Spring Selection Match -- Gold Medalist
- 2019 World Cup Lahti, Finland
- 2019 National Championships -- Collegiate Female Gold
- 2018 World Championships -- Junior Team Bronze
- 2018 Junior Grand Prix -- Gold Medalist
- 2018 Junior Grand Prix -- Mixed Team Gold
- 2018 National Junior Olympic Championships -- Silver Medalist
- 2018 Spring Selection -- Junior Bronze Medalist